Thursday, August 19, 2010

Orange County Highlight: The Irvine Spectrum

As a mom living in Orange County, I like to keep my eyes and ears open for places to go with my son that allow me to also enjoy this beautiful Southern California weather.

One place I'd like to highlight: The Irvine Spectrum.

I remember back in the '90's when it consisted only of a row of stores and a few restaurants.  I think the movie theater was there too at the time.  Then it kept growing.  And growing.  And then they added the ferris wheel.  And then they added department stores.  And then they added (my favorite) Target.  And one of the best parts about it: they added a parking structure!

If you've never been to the Irvine Spectrum, I highly suggest you make your way out to Irvine to check it out, daytime or nighttime.  It's a beautiful, posh outdoor mall with plenty restaurants, clothing stores, specialty stores, rides (even a little train that kids can ride in), water fountains, a food court, and live music.  It's especially nice during the summer.  I like going there to push my son around in his stroller while window shopping and listening to a young guitarist playing in the courtyard.  Top it off with a funnel cake or, one of my faves, a crepe from the Crepemaker shop (which they specially make to hold in your hand to eat), and I'm golden.

Here's the official website:  http://www.shopirvinespectrumcenter.com/

And coming from a Realtor perspective, you can bet that the Irvine Spectrum is one strong factor that attracts a lot of people to live in Irvine and surrounding areas.  It allows people to live near a fun place for the whole family while getting a top-notch education in the Irvine Unified School District, among other great amenities.

For more info on Irvine and other surrounding areas of Orange County, feel free to contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment